…Oh, I know whom I should call: The State of Florida. Thank you for taking care of me in my fatherless years, Happy Father's Day. You have taught me so much: to manipulate situations; to trust no one;not to depend on anyone but myself; always sleep with my money in my socks; to wear two extra pairs of underwear 'cause we had some weird boys in the group homes. I also learned that if one of the guys got into a fight in an outing, everyone else fought too. But most importantly, that if I wanted to have sex, the shelter van was always open after midnight (take a condom). Thank you for everything; it sure came in handy…NOT!
- Doug Sauder: Didn’t put up with any of my foolishness; he knows my biggest secrets, yet he still loves me and calls me son. He has taken me under his wings and is helping me become a mighty man of valor. I love you Dad.
- Ken Lacy: A man of much love, he purposely set himself to be my Father, to guide me in the right direction, call me son, and sees right through my flesh at my heart and still he loves me. I love you Dad.
- Billy Venezia: A man whom I was a jerk to, yet he decided to forgive me, showed me an abundance of grace and each week as he leads me towards a better walk with Christ. I love you Pastor Billy.
- Reynaldo Antonio Robles: This man accepted me into his house for too many years, taught me the Word of God and showed me discipline. Te quiero Papa.
- Michael Ketterer: This incredible Father who decided to adopt 3 small guys into his family is also my father. He does not even know how much he has blessed me in the past months, but I have been so highly encouraged by him and his awesome wife Ivey. He is not only a HERO in my life he is also a father. Love you Michael.
- Gina Welch: My foster mother, the woman who taught me just about how to wash my underwear, cook, and tithe at church, but the best part is: she taught me how to follow my dreams according to God's plan for my life, Happy Father’s day mom.
Jesus Christ: This simple, humble Man taught me the power in my scars; how much value was stored in me; He showed me the definition of love; He guided me through the darkest valleys and on the Cross He showed what REAL love looks like. In death, He alone expressed His authority. He conquered the grave, and told me I would do greater things then He. Then He said to me “I have a purpose and a plan for you my son”. Under His wings He took me, into His kingdom He accepted me. He gave me life when I walking in darkness. He knew me from my mother’s womb and He blessed me. Whenever I need Him, He is always there. He makes all things work together for my good. He said to me, “My son, even with all you're foolishness and sins, I still took one really good look at you and said you’re still worth dying for, I love you.” Happy Father’s Day Jesus, I will proclaim Your Name forever and ever.
Today these are the men whom I will be calling and texting, being so grateful for the awesome time, love, and knowledge they have poured into my life.
Happy Father’s Day
A simple guy living a BOLD life for Christ –Francisco Nelson