It’s disgusting to say that many of the guys of my generation are disrespectful, non-caring, and rude towards the female gender. I don’t understand it. By no means am I a great or even good enough Man for you. But I’ve made many sacrifices in my life to be a Man worth of loving you. I've heard it said before, "My Mother made me promise to her that I would wait for a woman who truly captures my heart in such a way, that every beat acts as a progressive drumroll for her arrival. "
I’m writing this letter to help you understand what I’ve been thinking about and why. I probably don’t know all the right things to say, but my feelings and words are from the heart. I want to start by saying that I come with blessings, see, I have the amazing privilege of mentoring kids in the foster care system and to many of them I am their big brother, aka I give them a lot of time as I too I’m a foster child.
For now I have 7 things that I would like for you to know.
2. Dear Future Wife: I will never dishonor you by watching porn. Years ago I made a covenant with God that my eyes will not lust over dramatic unrealistic sex. I have come to understand that the women in the videos and images are an amazing creation of God, but have wonder away from His amazing love. They are my sisters and I should respect them as such. Love is patient, lust is not.
3. Dear Future Wife: I don’t know who you are, I don’t know if I met you yet, but I do know this, stand firm and fight the good fight. Because the scene of your greatest disappointment could be the setting of your most powerful miracle. Babe, you are amazing and beautiful, but greater than that, you fear The Lord, let me encourage you that no matter what you are going through our God is there. Guiding you with every step that you take.
4. Dear Future Wife: God has promised us a few things, but I pray that we desire His presence more than the Promise Land. Let us stay faithful to God, let us keep Him at the center of our lives, and let Him be the reason why we live. For He alone is worthy of our Praise. As for me and my house we will praise The Lord. He will be the foundation and corner stone of who we are. Period. Point. Blank.
5. Dear Future Wife: Please, please, please, if you have issues with your parents or family, fix them now. For me that’s a big thing. I know things won’t be perfect but a healthy family environment at Christmas, Thanksgiving, and other family gatherings is something I’m looking forward to. I worked very hard to deal with my inner monsters, please deal with yours.
6. Dear Future Wife: Thank you for accepting a broken Man whose past is filled with darkness and shame. Thank you for saying “YES” for saying “I DO” for making the decision to do life with me.
7. And Finally, Dear Future Wife: I am so in love with the idea of you. Every time I think of you my body shivers with the joy of just meeting you. I anxiously talk about you to my friends, and every time I do, we pray for you. The look in your eyes, the way you play with your hair, your smile, your genuine worship to our God, the way you care for the lost, your passion to mister to women is breath taking. I cannot wait to take you to Taco Bell on our first date. I long to meet you. Whoever you are, wherever you are, I am praying for us, but with all that I’ll also end this letter, because I understand this, “If the enemy can get me to focus on what's coming tomorrow, I’ll lose the strength for what I’m called to today. I freaking love you. PS: I like me some Haitian food. That Griot is awesome.
Dear Future Wife, I'm just a simple guy living a BOLD life for Christ. -Your Future Husband, Francisco Nelson