With only a few more days left before the end of the year I am reminded of how difficult this season has been. One of the hardest ones… but I can’t forget the incredible moments that this year has brought forth. I have learned a few lessons that have change my thought process in my walk with Christ. Her are 10 of them…
1. Serve God NOT people: So often we start doing something because of God but we quit because of people. Nehemiah continued to do the Lords work in the face of fear and he didn't allow the ignorance of others to stop him from accomplishing the assignment that was placed upon him. The best is yet to come.
3. Faith in the Dark: “They immediately left their nets and followed Him.” Matthew 4:20 God has a plan for you. Don't give up. Even in hard times, there's always a reason to keep going. Have faith that God will see you through. But don't expect God to open a door that you don't have faith to walk through. We as believers should have so strong faith that even in the storms we will follow Him. Peter had such strong faith in Jesus Christ that he without thinking twice left it all behind to follow Christ, all the way to the Cross and beyond.
4. Embrace your Friends: In 2 Samuel 1:4 we see the death of Jonathan. He was David’s closes friend. From their relationship we learn that a true friend leads one to righteousness. A true friend enables his friend to become a better believer and follower of Christ. Not everyone is meant to do a lifetime with you. Some are there only for a season. We need to enjoy the time we have with each other because you never know when God will want them back. Jonathan and David made their time count.
5. Relationships: I’ve learned the best and most fruit-bearing relationships bring you closer to God every single day. I’ve observed some pretty incredible relationships this year and have been so lucky to get to be a part of the lives of those in them and learn from them. And the biggest lesson they have all taught me? You can’t get closer to each other, without getting closer to God.
6. There is absolutely no shame in being single.
7. A thousand times I fail... still your mercy remains
8. I may not have the cutest smile... The strongest muscles... The nicest body... Thee best hair... Or even the best cloths... but, unlike many guys, I have Jesus
9. The world is not looking for a new definition of Christianity, but a real demonstration of it.
10. My Nokia phone refuses to die…
"A simple guy living a BOLD life for Christ" -Francisco Nelson